C-Crosser Clutch Issues?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools    C-Crossr RSS Feeds
Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Tomo1971      
Fri May 27 2011, 04:40PM
Club Member #26
e107works
Has anyone on here had clutch issues on their C-Crosser (or 4007/Outie)?

I did read this before I bought mine - Click Here - but still went ahead as surely it cant affect all of them?

Just that there has been 2 new posts on the Mitsi outlander forum with the same issue, one on the VW lump and one on the PSA 2.2 lump.

Any thoughts, or am I been paranoid its gonna happen to mine at some point?

Steve
PentlandCC      
Fri May 27 2011, 05:32PM
Club Member #3

e107works
Location: Deepest Wiltshire, in the northern bit (with flaky internet)
No problems with mine, though before I bought it I did read about some people having dual mass flywheel issues.

One the other hand, just about any modern diesel with a DMF can have problems. There's no saying how the people reporting the problems drive their cars - might hold the car on the clutch rather than the handbrake, for example.

If the worst does ever happen, some owners at C4owners have fitted this 'solid' flywheel as a replacement for the DMF - - Click Here -
C6Dave      
Sat May 28 2011, 01:38AM
Club Member #1

e107works
Only had ours for 6 months but didn't notice any clutch issues either.

However if it did go, I would go for the conversion kit rather than a new DMF
Website
Tomo1971      
Sat May 28 2011, 03:05AM
Club Member #26
e107works
Have a read of this then:
- Click Here -

Its mainly about the 4007.... but some CC owners in there too

S.
C6Dave      
Sat May 28 2011, 05:52AM
Club Member #1

e107works
That very first post is the Dual Mass Flywheel over torque device doing it's job.

It feels like the clutch is slipping when it's not.

Have a read of this FAQ: - Click Here - and watch the videos

Don't forget that only those with problems tend to post on internet forums. Those without problems (the vast majority) don't as they haven't a need.
Website
1 User said Thank You to C6Dave for this Post :
 PentlandCC (28 May : 08:29)
Beenzie      
Mon May 30 2011, 03:17PM
Club Member #32
My C-Crosser clutch started slipping in 4th at 2000rpm. Motor only had done 10k from new. Went to Citroen dealer in Edinburgh. At first it looked like heavy repair bill as they explained worst senario. But Citroen covered all costs and service was good from garage.

Interesting point, garage couldn't find any 'visible' fault with clutch and stated 'clearly it was not abused' (I'm light on clutches).

Was told new clutch has different part numbers. I suspect fault lies with springs on the pressure plate losing their spingyness.

Sunnybg      
Fri Jun 10 2011, 05:33AM
Club Member #42
I've had the clutch problem twice and it has gone away twice.

It seems to related to if I am towing or using the 4wd......I had it bad after towing a small boat.....for about 500miles it slipped after I put her 2wd and then all is OK now....!

Will get rid of it as the warranty runs out....it has only done 21k and is 18 months old...I have had it from new.
C6Dave      
Sun Jun 12 2011, 11:36AM
Club Member #1

e107works
Still sounds like he Dual Mass Flywheel, if it was the clutch slipping, it just wouldn't stop then miraculously be OK by switching back to 2wd
Website
pmbrid      
Wed Jul 06 2011, 03:39PM
Club Member #60
Had mine replaced at 27000 miles - clutch plate, release bearing, master cylinder and DMF. All paid by Citroen in the end.

It took me 3 months to convince the dealer to replace it as they said it was a wear item and that I would have to pay.

The problem does appear then dissapear, seems it may be grease penetration on the friction surface which wears off with driving - but it will come back so get it replaced under warranty if it starts.

Mine was caused by reversing the caravan up a slight hill as the reverse ratio it far to high.

You'll notice it on acceleration in higher gears around 2,000 to 2,500 rpm = peak torque.
Ragif      
Mon Jul 11 2011, 12:01PM
Club Member #5
I think that what with my ASC problem,the FAP tank problem and now this clutch potential problem there will be a parting of the ways between me and my Crosser! A shame as I like it very much. Modern vehicles are far too complex for their own good and our pockets
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top