Alarm Deactivation Button Missing

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools    C-Crossr RSS Feeds
Go to page       >>  
Author Post
bihh8045      
Mon Oct 10 2011, 01:33PM
Club Member #148
e107works
Hi, I have just acquired a C Crosser (12 month old) on collection from the dealer I pointed out that there was a circuit board showing on the centre console near the 12v socket. I was advised this was the LED for the alarm and that the cover was inexplicably missing and they would send one in the post.

A week later and I have been told they cannot identify the part!!! Although, I have found out that it is not just a cover, but actually has a button for disabling the alarm, particularly useful if the dog is in the car (not been in yet as I have been waiting for the boot liner!) I am now at a loss as I cannot identify/source the part required and cannot disable the volumetric ultrasonic sensor!!!!!.

Thinking that the car is fundementally the same inside I have been to my local Citroen, Peugeot and Mitsubishi dealers and none can find the part on their system diagrams in the Parts Office. I have just written to the Sales Manager explaining the situation and requesting a resolution, but what worries me is one dealer thought it was part of the wiring loom!!!!

Hopefully a picture is attached if I did it right. Can anyone offer a suggestion??
PentlandCC      
Mon Oct 10 2011, 02:30PM
Club Member #3

e107works
Location: Deepest Wiltshire, in the northern bit (with flaky internet)
Picture not attached, I'm afraid.

If you reply via 'Preview your reply' there's a button for 'Choose file'.

However, if memory serves, the alarm has all the appearance of an aftermarket item rather than factory fit... will get back to you on that!
PentlandCC      
Mon Oct 10 2011, 02:53PM
Club Member #3

e107works
Right, just been out to the car and have photographed the alarm button, and the manufacturer details. Hopefully this will help the dealer find what you're after!

C6Dave      
Tue Oct 11 2011, 01:19AM
Club Member #1

e107works
That's the same as the one fitted to my C-crosser so I assume that it was a factory fit alarm and not a dealer 'after market' one.
Website
RSV_Ecosse      
Tue Oct 11 2011, 01:32AM
Club Member #125
Pretty sure that is the same alarm indicator fitted to my 4007 as well. I'll double check later this morning.
RSV_Ecosse      
Tue Oct 11 2011, 07:09AM
Club Member #125
Checked my alarm indicator and yeah, it's exactly the same as the one in PentlandCC's pics.
bihh8045      
Tue Oct 11 2011, 02:10PM
Club Member #148
e107works
The plot thickens. I spoke at length with the supplying dealer and they still are none the wiser, anyway took the pictures in kindly supplied here to local dealer in Doncaster. The service manager was pretty good and explained that the alarm system is not entirely a factory fit. Seemingly all 2007 - 2010 models were fitted with their alarms in Calais by Cobra installations and the part number is VAS925 for spares etc. He is going to order it and see what cost etc!! The supplying dealer will have to pick up the tab so i'll keep you posted. As an aside all new models are shipped in via Sheerness and a UK company fits the alarm system there which again is not quite the same. I have no reason to doubt this wisdom, but will see what tomorrow brings!!!
PentlandCC      
Tue Oct 11 2011, 02:52PM
Club Member #3

e107works
Thanks for the update - hopefully it'll all be solved soon.

Interesting bit about Calais and Sheerness too!
bihh8045      
Wed Oct 12 2011, 01:42AM
Club Member #148
e107works
Finally got the pictures to upload showing the missing part, clearly those already posted are a match...thanks for all the help, just waiting today to clear up the replacement and getting the dealer to cough up!!

1 User said Thank You to bihh8045 for this Post :
 PentlandCC (12 Oct : 07:16)
Tomo1971      
Thu Oct 13 2011, 01:24PM
Club Member #26
e107works
If its any use, I was in a Hilux HL2 (about a year old) a couple of weeks ago and it had the same button.... and same interior sensors.

Steve
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top